“Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.” – Rumi
Coping with loss is never easy. In my whole life, I’ve experienced many loss. The most heart shattering one was from my beloved cat, Georgie, who died because probably eating rat poison. On the day of his death, I was in Beijing. The thought of being able to say goodbye before I go was probably a little bit soothing, but the thought of me never seeing him again was so heartbreaking.
Dealing with loss is never easy. There are many times, when some people goes depressed, and becomes… liveless, because of the loss. Many cries bucket of tears. It takes a long time for certain people to get over it. If it’s not precious, maybe two to three days, if it is really precious, then, it will almost never be gotten over. My mom couldn’t get over his loss of her first daughter (a.k.a my older sister) and first cat. She has a very special memory with those two.
In lots of stories about animals, every since a beloved animal has died, the owners refused to have another pet, never wanting to bear the same loss that they suffered some two to three years back, until they met another animal, who actually ‘begged’ to be their pet. Of course, in my opinion, you must get over your loss, but it doesn’t mean you shut down that piece of memory completely and forget about it. Remember, that whoever died will always still have a special piece in your heart.